MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man is accused of trying to hire a hit man this week, police said.
Madison police said 39-year-old Christopher A. Beierle, of Marshall, was arrested Sunday night after he allegedly offered to pay a man to kill an ex-girlfriend.
According to the report, the suspect made the offer to the man as they spoke inside a bar on North Sherman Avenue.
The woman Beierle was targeting is a Dane County resident in her 20s, police said.
Beierle is facing charges of solicitation and possession of cocaine. The investigation is ongoing, police said.
- New overnight finals-week shuttle at UW-Madison designed for student safety
- Child seriously injured in second major crash at Dodge County intersection in two weeks
- Oprah attends UW-Milwaukee graduation ceremony
- 77-year-old UW-Madison graduate participates in commencement ceremony 50 years later
- Guests evacuate after fire in room at Great Wolf Lodge, officials say
- Madison bike-sharing program grows as industry changes