MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man is accused of trying to hire a hit man this week, police said.
Madison police said 39-year-old Christopher A. Beierle, of Marshall, was arrested Sunday night after he allegedly offered to pay a man to kill an ex-girlfriend.
According to the report, the suspect made the offer to the man as they spoke inside a bar on North Sherman Avenue.
The woman Beierle was targeting is a Dane County resident in her 20s, police said.
Beierle is facing charges of solicitation and possession of cocaine. The investigation is ongoing, police said.
- Michigan township to sell Marquette cross after complaints
- Pinwheels for Prevention highlights child abuse, neglect in Rock County
- Winona man sentenced in 3-year-old daughter's death
- 'How can we make our schools safer?': Madison principal reacts to school safety grant program
- Escaped prison inmate captured in Green Bay
- TV reporter charged in ballpark punch no longer at station