JANESVILLE, Wis. - The Janesville Police Department is treating a woman's death as a homicide after her body was found inside a home Saturday afternoon.
Police officers were dispatched to the home at 426 S. River St. around 4:44 p.m., according to a news release.
Officers said the 43-year-old woman's death "appears suspicious and is being treated as a homicide however, we do not believe there is an imminent threat to public safety."
According to the release, a search warrant was executed at the residence and evidence was collected from the scene.
Police said an autopsy is scheduled for Sunday at 8:30 a.m.
Officers said there will be a news conference at the Janesville Police Department on Monday at 11 a.m.
This would be the city's second homicide of 2017. The first homicide happened in May. Before that, there had not been a homicide in Janesville since 2014.
- 21-year-old man crashes after looking down at phone
- Capitol Petro ordered to pay $1.2 million in assets for selling synthetic marijuana
- Missing Kenosha man found safe, officials say
- State relied on NAFTA for 2016 exports
- Greyhound driver in pursuit could face charges
- Police release surveillance images of gas station robbery