JANESVILLE, Wis. - The Janesville Police Department is treating a woman's death as a homicide after her body was found inside a home Saturday afternoon.
Police officers were dispatched to the home at 426 S. River St. around 4:44 p.m., according to a news release.
Officers said the 43-year-old woman's death "appears suspicious and is being treated as a homicide however, we do not believe there is an imminent threat to public safety."
According to the release, a search warrant was executed at the residence and evidence was collected from the scene.
Police said an autopsy is scheduled for Sunday at 8:30 a.m.
Officers said there will be a news conference at the Janesville Police Department on Monday at 11 a.m.
This would be the city's second homicide of 2017. The first homicide happened in May. Before that, there had not been a homicide in Janesville since 2014.
- UW students to install solar panels in Puerto Rico
- Man leads police on high-speed chase, injures 4 in hit-and-run crash
- Officials looking for trio in Wisconsin Lottery ticket robbery
- Milwaukee man dies in car crash, fire after shot fired
- Man arrested after grabbing woman's buttocks at bar, police say
- Milwaukee man shot, wounded during attempted robbery