JANESVILLE, Wis. - Police received multiple calls about the sound of five to seven shots fired in Janesville on Monday night.
There are reports of shots fired around 7:30 p.m. from the 300 block of S. Academy Street. Seven shell casings were found in the road, according to a release from the Janesville Police Department.
Officials said they canvassed the area and found no victims or evidence to suggest that anyone was injured. Police also asked hospitals to contact them if anyone arrived with suspicious injuries or a gunshot wound.
The investigation is ongoing. No suspects have been identified at this time, according to the release.
- Whitewater police investigate pedestrian hit-and-run crash
- Darlington police look for suspects in car chase
- Five sent to hospital in car vs. buggy crash
- State police: 2 killed in single-vehicle crash
- Man arrested for drunk driving after hitting signs, light pole, driving in yard, police say
- Retails thefts result in three arrested Saturday, police say