JANESVILLE, Wis. - Police received multiple calls about the sound of five to seven shots fired in Janesville on Monday night.
There are reports of shots fired around 7:30 p.m. from the 300 block of S. Academy Street. Seven shell casings were found in the road, according to a release from the Janesville Police Department.
Officials said they canvassed the area and found no victims or evidence to suggest that anyone was injured. Police also asked hospitals to contact them if anyone arrived with suspicious injuries or a gunshot wound.
The investigation is ongoing. No suspects have been identified at this time, according to the release.
- Alliant shuts off some utilities in Rock County because of flooding
- Middleton bank robbed Monday afternoon, police say
- Parent writes 'gun' on cardboard, gets into Madison classroom
- Drunken driver who struck, killed 24-year-old pedestrian sentenced to 10 years in prison
- Police: East Towne bank robbery could be related to others in area
- Rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain all possible Thursday night