MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are asking residents to make sure their garage doors are closed, as they received reports of intruders taking advantage of open doors.
Residents at a home on Woodley Lane were awakened Thursday night when they heard someone inside their house. One of them yelled for the intruder to leave, and they heard a door slam.
Police said a burglar had fled empty-handed.
The victims realized they had left the garage door open and the door between the house and the garage
Police said they’ve also taken reports of bicycles being stolen from open garages.
- 4 vehicles involved in fatal crash, officials say
- Multiple fire departments responding to structure fire in Springdale
- Doctors see more flu cases as Wisconsin experiences severe outbreak
- Gander Mountain Janesville will re-open Saturday
- Verona High School honors former student with scholarship
- Radioactive isotope used to detect the spread of cancer will soon be manufactured in Janesville