JUNEAU, Wis. - A former Dodge County correctional officer was convicted Thursday of sexual assault, officials said.
The Dodge County District Attorney's Office said a jury found 34-year-old Alex Wouts guilty of five counts of second-degree sexual assault by correctional staff.
The court revoked Wouts' bail and remanded him to the custody of the sheriff's office pending sentencing.
Wouts worked as a correctional officer at the Fox Lake Correctional Institution and used his position to sexually assault inmates, the release said. Three men testified that Wouts abused them.
Sentencing is set for July 20. Wouts faces up to 125 years in prison followed by 75 years of supervision, and $500,000 in fines, the DA's office said.
- New allegations released against retired Fort Atkinson priest
- Parents say special education is in crisis, address MMSD
- 'Ministry of presence': How chaplains are helping wellness of police officers in Wisconsin
- Man who sexually assaulted UW student to be placed in Fitchburg apartment
- Residents see floating bogs on Lake Koshkonong
- Police: Suspect in suspicious death found, arrested within 14 hours