MADISON, Wis. - A Fitchburg man who was found guilty of repeatedly sexually assaulting a girl for more than two years was sentenced Friday to prison.
Antonio Shanklin, 43, was charged last year with repeated sexual assault of a child in connection with incidents from Jan. 1, 2014, through Oct. 22, 2016.
Shanklin was sentenced to 25 years in prison with five years of extended supervision.
According to the criminal complaint, a preteen girl told her teacher that Shanklin had asked her for oral sex. She later described to police incidents that took place in 2015 and 2016, and said the abuse started when she was in second grade.
The girl described to police several incidents of sexual assault, including one incident in which Shanklin raped her, according to the criminal complaint.
Shanklin was found guilty of repeated sexual assault in a jury trial in October.
- Oklahoma court removes some language in Pruitt FOIA ruling
- Minivan driver shot, crashes into tree in Racine
- Police: Violent mall thief breaks security guard's phone, faces intimidating witness charge
- Silly Yak Bakery set to close end of March
- Police: Road-rage driver drove at couple in wrong lane, threatened them with brass knuckles
- MPD: Neighbor tipped off by motion light chases, holds down trespasser