PORTAGE, Wis. - One man is seriously injured after a fight turned into a shooting Monday night in Portage, according to a news release from the Portage Police Department.
Officials responded to reports of a shooting at Portage Court Apartments around 5 p.m. Monday. When they arrived, they found a man seriously injured by a gunshot wound and the shooter, according to the release.
Officials said the men had been in a physical altercation before the shooting, and both men had to be transported to Divine Savior Hospital to be treated for injuries. The man who was shot was later transported by MedFlight to UW Hospital.
Officials said the public is not at risk and the scene was immediately contained. Police are not releasing the names of the men because the shooting remains under investigation.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact the Portage Police Department at 608-742-2174, officials said.
- Pick-your-own strawberry farms manage impacts of heavy rainfall
- Students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School heading to Wisconsin
- Woman makes history in Wisconsin Army National Guard
- Neighbors work to save homes from increasing levels on Lake Kegonsa
- Beloit Police bike team needs to 'work on our basketball'
- High E. coli levels close Green Lake beach