EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - An Eau Claire resident is accused of leaving four young children alone outside in cold weather after dark.
The Leader-Telegram reports that 30-year-old Jedadia Sullivan is charged in Eau Claire County Court with four felony counts of child abandonment.
Authorities say the temperature was 19 degrees with a 10-degree wind chill when the incident happened. The children were wearing coats but had no hats or gloves.
Sullivan faces a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison. It wasn't clear if Sullivan had an attorney.
- Man who shot woman on interstate petitions for release from mental institution
- Milwaukee man gets life without parole in triple-homicide
- Some Wisconsin residents still stranded by high waters
- Police: Man who eluded officers in police chase at large
- Fire causes $50K in damage, renders home uninhabitable
- Court documents: Evidence of experimentation, explosive materials found in apartment