MADISON, Wis. - An east Madison man reported finding damage to his property this weekend from gunfire, police said.
Madison police said a homeowner who lives on Stuart Court told officers Saturday that he found a bullet hole in his landscaping trailer, which had been parked outside of his house.
The man heard the gunshots last week and days later found the damage, according to the report.
Madison police said a homeowner on Sunnyside Crescent had called police Thursday to report finding a bullet in a room in his house. He and his wife also noticed there was a hole in a window where the round must have entered.
Several people in the area had reported hearing possible shots fired at about 9:20 p.m. Thursday, according to the report.
- Parents say special education is in crisis, address MMSD
- 'Ministry of presence': How chaplains are helping wellness of police officers in Wisconsin
- Man who sexually assaulted UW student to be placed in Fitchburg apartment
- Residents see floating bogs on Lake Koshkonong
- Police: Suspect in suspicious death found, arrested within 14 hours
- Madison Water Utility faces $6 million cash deficit