A drunken driver was speeding on Milwaukee Street Wednesday around 2:16 a.m. when he lost control of the car, drove into oncoming traffic lanes and barreled into two parked vehicles, an incident report said.
Preston V. Billings, a 28-year-old Madison man, was arrested on suspicion of operating while intoxicated, fourth offense.
The crashed car ended up on a front lawn with significant damage. According to police, the driver's car was smoking and in the roadway. The front compartment of the car was pushed into the backseat.
Neighbors heard Billings yelling for help and pulled him out of a rear window.
The passersby cared for him until police arrived. He was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
12-year-old boy finds bullet in siding of Stein Avenue house
Teen driving stolen van ran through stop signs, red light before crashing into stop sign
- Madison jazz legend and radio host dies after battle with cancer
- Drivers detouring US 151 construction lead to increase in crashes at Dodgeville intersection
- Aw, shucks! 'Corn sweat' can cause local spikes in humidity, heat index
- 2 Wisconsin brothers missing in Missouri
- Uber driver brings 2 sisters 200 miles from Madison to aunt's 100th birthday party in Minnesota
- Train fans turn out in Altoona to see Big Boy