MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman is in custody after she led a Dane County Sheriff’s deputy on a high-speed chase Friday morning, officials said.
The deputy attempted to make a traffic stop on Rosemary Avenue in Madison around 2:43 am., but when the deputy approached the vehicle, the driver, 28-year-old Jazmonique Hubbard, drove away, according to a release.
Hubbard led the deputy on a 17-mile pursuit, where speeds reached 90 mph, officials said.
Hubbard’s vehicle experienced mechanical issues and eventually stopped on the westbound ramp to Highway 12, according to the release.
Hubbard was arrested on warrants for bail jumping, disorderly conduct, criminal damage to property, possession of cocaine, possession of drug paraphernalia and illegally obtaining prescription medications.
She also could face charges of felony eluding and obstructing.
- Bookstore hosts online fundraiser for Wisconsin School Music Association
- Packers activate Rodgers from injured reserve
- Janesville community joins together to deliver bags of hope
- Roads near Foxconn site made into highways to access funding
- Getting back on track after the holiday spending season
- Police: Woman believes her drink was drugged after online date