MILWAUKEE - The minimum-security inmate who walked away from a work release site in Milwaukee County has been returned to custody, according to a release from the Department of Corrections.
Warren Pernell, 45, is an inmate at the Sturtevant Transitional Facility. He is charged with retail theft, eluding officers and two counts of first-degree recklessly endangering safety.
Officils said he was taken back into custody Tuesday after escaping Monday.
Man accused of assaulting Beaver Dam police officer receives maximum prison sentence
Sheriff: Hoax call reporting shooting, hostage situation shut down highway
- False report of school shooter prompts heavy police response
- Analysis of skeletal remains leads to suspected homicide
- Father accused of taking daughter who overdosed to buy drugs
- Donation centers hope for spring cleaning spike, amid questions about new charitable tax deduction
- Police address increased police activity surrounding new homeless shelter
- Man accused of assaulting Beaver Dam police officer receives maximum prison sentence