FOOTVILLE, Wis. - Officials said the 19-year-old passenger who was injured in a suspected drunken-driving crash in rural Rock County died days after his injuries.
The Rock County Sheriff's Office said in a news release Friday that the passenger who was found with critical injuries at 2:22 a.m. March 31 died Thursday.
The Rock County Medical Examiner’s Department identified the passenger as Lukas Allen Christofferson, of Stoughton. He died from the injuries he suffered in the crash, a news release Monday said.
Police later arrested 21-year-old Skylair Buckham, of Milton, who was believed to be driving when the crash occurred and then fled the scene.
Officials said the car was headed east on West Dorner Road when it entered the south side ditch and struck a tree, causing the car to spin before resting facing west in the ditch. Deputies found Christofferson lying on the ground next to the car.
The release said deputies suspected intoxicants were a cause of the crash. An open alcohol container was reportedly found in the car.
Buckham is scheduled for a preliminary hearing at 2 p.m. Tuesday in Rock County court on his charges.
- Local 'Take Your Kid to Work Day' expands focus beyond career to volunteering, work-life balance
- Dennis Prager speaks on UW campus
- Students host kickball tournament to raise funds for K-9 Riko's surgery
- Controlled burn leads to structure fire causing $30,000 in damage
- Michigan township to sell Marquette cross after complaints
- Pinwheels for Prevention highlights child abuse, neglect in Rock County