MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Sheriff's Office is searching for an inmate who has been declared AWOL.
Michael Duarte is 19 and is serving a probation sentence with work release.
The Sheriff's Office said he was in the process of transferring his work release to the Sauk County Jail, but upon arrival he failed the intake process and was directed to return to the Dane County Jail.
After leaving Sauk County, officials said he never reported back to the Dane County Jail to serve his sentence.
Duarte is 5 feet, 7 inches tall and weighs 180 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. His last known address is in the Lake Delton area.
Anyone with information on Duarte's location is asked to call 911.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Sheriff: 13-year-old on GPS monitoring was driver in high-speed chase that ended in Columbia County
Police: Janesville man who drove on curbs, damaged public property arrested for 8th OWI
- Police: Janesville man who drove on curbs, damaged public property arrested for 8th OWI
- DNC delegations won't stay in Madison, but party chair says visitors will
- Fennimore man faces 3 charges of sexual assault involving 3 children
- Dane County uses snow plow simulator to prepare drivers for winter
- Dane County Medical Examiner identifies Madison's first homicide victim of 2019
- Beaver Dam Middle School closes indefinitely following crash into building