MARSHALL, Wis. - Police are investigating a body found in a Dane County cornfield Thursday morning.
The Marshall Police Department said officers were investigating a report of a suspicious vehicle at the Evergreen Village Mobile Home park when officers received a report of a body found nearby on Fir Lane.
#breaking: Marshall PD & other agencies investigating a death in Marshall. Just after 9:00 am police responded to reports of a suspicious vehicle in the Evergreen Village mobile home park, an hour after that a body was found behind the park. Police believe the two are connected pic.twitter.com/sQVuVxmBCg— Keely Arthur (@news3keely) January 17, 2019
The body was discovered in a cornfield at 10:20 a.m., officials said.
Police said the suspicious vehicle report and the discovery of the body appear to be linked.
Marshall School District Administrator Dan Grady told News 3 the high school was put on a soft lockdown Thursday morning. The soft lockdown means students continue class as usual but are not let outside the building.
News 3 has a crew at the scene. Refresh story for updates as we receive them.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Police: Intoxicated man drives into tree during 2nd OWI offense
Police arrest 3 men recreating crime movie in Mount Pleasant
- Police: Intoxicated man drives into tree during 2nd OWI offense
- Ice Cube's Big3 basketball league to compete at Fiserv Forum
- Lodi looks for new police recruits after losing half its department
- ‘A major impact on us all': Services honor Major General Raymond Matera, former adjutant general
- Madison ranked No. 1 city for jobs, social life, affordable living after college graduation
- Police arrest 3 men recreating crime movie in Mount Pleasant