MADISON, Wis. - Officers say a concerned mother called police Wednesday after noticing a man with a gun at a park pavilion in Madison.
The woman told police the man flashed the gun as a group of 20 males started arguing at Elver Park. Elver Park is located on Madison’s west side on McKenna Boulevard and near the Madison Police Department’s west side district.
Three men remained in the park when officers arrived, according to a release from the department. Police say they jumped out of a car and got away.
A K-9 helped officers find 60 grams of marijuana and one man’s probation paperwork, according to MPD.
Police say the car has been involved in three pursuits this past week with area law enforcement.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
12-year-old boy finds bullet in siding of Stein Avenue house
Teen driving stolen van ran through stop signs, red light before crashing into stop sign
- 81-year-old man dies after rollover crash in Walworth County
- ‘Very, very slim pickings': Housing advocate pushes for more rental options
- 2 motorcyclists in hospital after crash in Beaver Dam
- Madison jazz legend and radio host dies after battle with cancer
- Drivers detouring US 151 construction lead to increase in crashes at Dodgeville intersection
- Aw, shucks! 'Corn sweat' can cause local spikes in humidity, heat index