MILTON, Wis. - Police are looking for information about a man who conned a Milton financial institution out of thousands of dollars on May 1, according to a news release from the Police Department.
The robber went into the business with $4,800 in new $100 bills and said he wanted to exchange them for $50 bills. He then distracted the teller and left with the $100 bills and also palmed $2,250 in $50 bills, officials said.
The robber is described as having a dark complexion, chin strap beard and a heavy accent.
Officials do not believe it was his first time pulling this con.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Milton Police Department at 608-868-6910.
Shots fired on Seminole Highway, Mohawk Drive intersection, police say
Woman cuffed in back of squad manages to steal police vehicle, officials say
- Man leads police on chase after battery complaint
- Enthusiasts show off hovercrafts on Wisconsin River
- Emergency crews close area of Lancaster Street in Platteville for several hours
- 18-year-old killed, several injured after head-on collision in Montrose
- Woman accused of leaving 5 children in car while she gambled
- Two pedestrians taken to hospital after being struck by vehicle Sunday morning