BARABOO, Wis. - Children beat a goose to death with sticks at a West Baraboo park, according to officials with the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
The call reporting the incident came in at about 3:30 p.m. Friday. The caller said several juveniles were hitting a wild goose with sticks at Haskins Park.
A deputy investigated the call and found a dead goose in the park. Officials have not identified the children involved in the abuse.
The Sauk County Sheriff's Office and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources are investigating the incident.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Three in custody after domestic disturbance near downtown Beloit
- Two deaths, two injuries suspected to be caused by storms that swept through Wisconsin
- 2 teens arrested after reported shots-fired incident, car chase, police say
- Restaurants back in business after power outage from MGE fire
- Power restored and investigation takes place following MGE fire
- American Girl Benefit Sale enables free admissions, scholarships to Madison Children's Museum