MADISON, Wis. - A downtown Madison woman was alerted to a stranger in her home overnight Wednesday when her cat meowed, according to a news release.
Madison police said a 23-year-old woman living in an apartment in the 400 block of West Washington Avenue awoke at 3:52 a.m. when her cat meowed.
According to the report, she quickly realized an intruder was in her home. Her presence seemed to startle the burglar and he fled with her wallet.
The woman told an officer she realized she had forgotten to lock her door.
- Silver Alert issued for 82-year-old woman
- Power pole caught fire Thursday, MFD crew responded
- School bus crash witness: 'I almost wanted to cry'
- Severe thunderstorm warning for southern Crawford, northern Grant Co. until 8:45 p.m.
- Busier Memorial Day weekend traffic this year
- 'He's just our own little superhero': 10-year-old boy's organs to be donated after car crash