MADISON, Wis. - A burglar took two laptop computers and a backpack from a South Orchard Street residence Saturday around 2:30 a.m.
According to an incident report, a resident contacted police Monday about the burglary. Several women also reported a break-in to their apartment a couple of blocks away around the same time period.
The 21-year-old resident of the Orchard Street location told police his roommates "had too much to drink and left the front door wide open when they came home from a night out."
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- 45 years ago they came back from Vietnam. Then they started the model agency for helping veterans
- Local nonprofit offers free trees to 18 Madison, Fitchburg neighborhoods
- Fire station in Village of Maine begins to burn, is later contained
- ‘We take it seriously': EMS community responds to paramedic facing sexual assault charges
- Arrest in Portage overdose death sparks conversation about addiction recovery, resources
- 20-year-old inmate reported AWOL from Sauk County Jail