BELOIT, Wis. - A Beloit teacher is accused of sexually assaulting a child, according to a news release.
The city of Beloit Police Department said 25-year-old Jaron K. Dubose, a teacher at Beloit Learning Academy, was arrested Tuesday morning.
According to a news release, the investigation of Dubose began in November after a student reported she had been sexually assaulted in a classroom at the school in December 2016, when she was 14.
The police department investigated the allegations and forwarded the results of the investigation to the Rock County District Attorney’s Office in December.
The case was reopened in January when additional evidence was provided that supported the allegation, police said.
Officials with the School District of Beloit said in a statement that they will cooperate with local authorities throughout the investigation.
"When the district became aware of the underlying allegations concerning Mr. Dubose he was placed on administrative leave pending the district's own internal investigation. The district could not conduct an internal investigation while the criminal investigation was ongoing. He has had no student contact since Nov. 16.," according to the statement.
Sheriff: Driver appeared to deliberately try to hit deputy while officials responded to crash
Officials arrest 16 in the investigation of drug distribution in Walworth County
- Sheriff: Driver appeared to deliberately try to hit deputy while officials responded to crash
- No new DA office prosecutors for Dane County despite shortage
- Students discuss school security concerns
- Teacher, firearms instructor agree arming teachers is not the way to prevent school shootings
- Madison software company creates safety technology for school districts
- Officials arrest 16 in the investigation of drug distribution in Walworth County