BELOIT, Wis. - A Beloit man was arrested Friday on suspicion of eighth-offense operating while intoxicated, according to a release from the Rock County Sheriff’s Office.
A deputy reported at 2:36 a.m. a vehicle traveling east on Henry Avenue approaching Riverside Drive and turning north onto Riverside Drive in the southbound lane.
The deputy said that after making a traffic stop, he noticed the small of intoxicants on the driver’s breath.
After field sobriety tests, Gene Williams, 61, was arrested on suspicion of eighth-offense OWI and cited for operating left of center. He’s expected to appear in court Friday.
- Missing Marquette man found safe
- Madison man identified in fatal Beloit crash, officials say
- House Speaker Ryan remains non-committal about re-election
- Police search for suspects in armed robbery, officials say
- Brash ex-Milwaukee sheriff David Clarke faces civil trial
- $70K worth of damage estimated in Springdale garage fire