JANESVIILLE, Wis. - A Beloit man now faces an additional charge of first-degree reckless homicide in connection with the death of his 7-week-old son.
Deanthony Hodges was in court Tuesday after being originally charged with neglect and causing great bodily harm to his son, who died in late March from significant head injuries.
Amended charges were filed last week to update the charges to homicide.
The baby’s mom, Jessica Nelson, is also facing child neglect charges.
- Multiple fire departments responding to structure fire in Springdale
- Doctors see more flu cases as Wisconsin experiences severe outbreak
- Gander Mountain Janesville will re-open Saturday
- Verona High School honors former student with scholarship
- Radioactive isotope used to detect the spread of cancer will soon be manufactured in Janesville
- Madison has used the least water in fifty years