MEONOMONIE, Wis. - Authorities are holding a woman as a suspect in the killing of a 24-year-old Eau Claire man in western Wisconsin.
The Dunn County Sheriff's Office on Tuesday identified the victim as Alexander Woodworth. His body was found Friday in a car in rural Springbrook Township.
Authorities are holding a 20-year-old woman from Stanley in Woodworth's death. She is expected to appear in court Wednesday for a bond hearing on a charge of first-degree intentional homicide.
The sheriff's office says it's still investigating and cannot release any other details.
- Heat a concern for those without homes this holiday weekend
- Flowers stolen from veterans' graves on Memorial Day weekend
- Missing Beloit girl found safe
- Beloit police look for missing 10-year-old girl
- Pavement buckling on U.S. 12 impacting traffic, WisDOT says
- Madison police investigating after man robs adult video store, flees on foot