MADISON, Wis. - Police have arrested a second suspect in connection with a shooting that injured a man last week.
Madison police said on Thursday that officials arrested 19-year-old Marquis M. Maier, of Madison related to the attempted homicide investigation.
Police said 20-year-old Joshua T. Dean, of Fitchburg, was arrested in Aurora, Illinois, by the U.S. Marshals Service on Monday. Dean was taken into custody on a warrant, and he faces tentative charges of attempted first-degree intentional homicide and being a felon in possession of a firearm.
According to the report, officers responded at about 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday to a report from an anonymous caller of multiple shots fired on Great Gray Drive at Owl Creek Drive.
Within minutes of that report, officers responded to a local hospital, where a 19-year-old Madison man had arrived with multiple gunshot wounds.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Another assault locks down Portage prison
- Several flights delayed at Dane County Regional Airport
- WATCH LIVE: Traffic backed up on westbound Beltline near Monona
- Several crashes reported as snow affects morning commute again
- ‘That doesn't happen every day': Lodi high school best friends become Marines
- Columbia Correctional Institution on lockdown after staff assault