MADISON, Wis. - Police have arrested a second suspect in connection with a shooting that injured a man last week.
Madison police said on Thursday that officials arrested 19-year-old Marquis M. Maier, of Madison related to the attempted homicide investigation.
Police said 20-year-old Joshua T. Dean, of Fitchburg, was arrested in Aurora, Illinois, by the U.S. Marshals Service on Monday. Dean was taken into custody on a warrant, and he faces tentative charges of attempted first-degree intentional homicide and being a felon in possession of a firearm.
According to the report, officers responded at about 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday to a report from an anonymous caller of multiple shots fired on Great Gray Drive at Owl Creek Drive.
Within minutes of that report, officers responded to a local hospital, where a 19-year-old Madison man had arrived with multiple gunshot wounds.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Officers won't be charged in high-speed I-39 crash that killed suspected kidnapper, his brother
- MPD: Motel guest opens door to find stranger with gun; other guests have purse, wallet stolen
- Drunken driver crashes into Beaver Dam school causing estimated $100K in damage, officials say
- Fire likely ignited by discarded cigarettes causes $50,000 in vehicle damage
- Lyft, MGE offer financial support to increase electric vehicle ride-sharing in Madison
- Board considers $5.7 million homicide claim in private