FITCHBURG, Wis. - An argument that began in a Fitchburg apartment early Tuesday morning lead to shots fired in the street, police said.
Fitchburg police said. officers responded at 4:48 a.m. to a report of shots fired in the 1900 block of Pike Drive.
Shortly after the initial call, a man, who wasn't injured, was found and spoke to police.
The suspect was found, taken into custody and booked into the Dane County Jail on a number of charges, according to a news release.
The incident remains under investigation, however there was no ongoing threat to the community Tuesday morning, police said.
Anyone with any information related to the incident is asked to contact the Fitchburg Police Department at 608-270-4300 or Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
- Flight diverted to Madison, Green Bay slides off runway, officials say
- Flooding continues into weekend in several Midwest states
- No survivors after Wisconsin-bound plane crashes in Indiana
- 2 critically injured in rear-end crash near Beloit, officials say
- Suicide rate falls in Wisconsin; number of gun-related suicide deaths stays above national average
- Multiple agencies respond to fire at Briess Industries in Waterloo Thursday night