APPLETON, Wis. - Appleton Police have identified five officers involved in a deadly shooting, as well as the man who was killed.
Police say 50-year-old David J. Robinson died at the scene Monday after he confronted officers with a shotgun. Results of an autopsy have not been released.
Investigators say the officers who shot at Robinson fired at least one round each. They are identified as Officer Nathan Hoffman, Officer Brandon Schnese, Sgt. Ryan Schroeder, Officer Frank Wychgram and Officer Tom Zieman.
No officers were injured. All five were placed on administrative assignment, which is standard protocol in officer-involved shooting investigations.
- Heat a concern for those without homes this holiday weekend
- Flowers stolen from veterans' graves on Memorial Day weekend
- Missing Beloit girl found safe
- Beloit police look for missing 10-year-old girl
- Pavement buckling on U.S. 12 impacting traffic, WisDOT says
- Madison police investigating after man robs adult video store, flees on foot