MADISON, Wis. - A daytime burglary on Madison’s near east side Thursday afternoon was thwarted by an alert neighbor, according to a release.
The neighbor noticed something suspicious at a nearby home on South Court around 1:25 p.m., police said. When the neighbor saw two teens walk out of the home with a 48-inch flat screen TV, the neighbor yelled at them to drop the TV.
According to the release, the teens dropped the TV, jumped a fence and ran off.
Madison police were unable to find the teens, but they did find a door to the home that had been forced open.
- New west-side DMV opens Monday amid civil complaint from the city
- Sun Prairie Volunteer Fire Department mourns Dalmatian hit by car
- Firefighter injured, 5 displaced after Janesville apartment fire
- Missing Marquette man found safe
- Madison man identified in fatal Beloit crash, officials say
- House Speaker Ryan remains non-committal about re-election