ROME, Wis. - A 33-year-old Adams County man was arrested Thursday after police say he constructed a bomb and stored it in a shed on his property.
The CIA told the Rome Police Department that a man threatened to use a bomb to kill a Wisconsin Rapids resident in an email.
Officials traced the email to Chad E. Wawrzyniak, who lives in a home in the 500 block of County Highway Z. Officers responded to the home and arrested Wawryzyniak.
Wawryzyniak told police he had constructed a bomb and was storing it in a shed on the property. The Dane County Sheriff's Office bomb squad recovered the device.
The incident remains under investigation.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Senior living facility, multiple homes evacuated after construction crew causes natural gas leak
Recognize this minivan? Law enforcement say it's involved in life-threatening hit-and-run crash
- Senior living facility, multiple homes evacuated after construction crew causes natural gas leak
- Recognize this minivan? Law enforcement say it's involved in life-threatening hit-and-run crash
- Kids programs keep cool during summer heat
- Police: Attempted car thief impersonates undercover officer, threatens man with knife in Janesville
- Lone Girl embraces food side of brewing business
- Boxes holding LGBT publication repeatedly vandalized; anti-gay slurs written on magazines