MADISON, Wis. - A Madison teenager accused of dealing drugs head-butted and injured a police officer during arrest Saturday afternoon, police said.
Madison police said 17-year-old Martin M. Jacob Jr. was pulled over on suspicion of not having a front license plate at about 4:45 p.m.
K-9 Slim smelled marijuana in his car, according to police.
The West District Community Police Team was running a proactive enforcement effort in parking lots near South Gammon Road and Watts Road, where drug deals are known to take place.
Police said Wade struggled with officers while being taken into custody and head-butted an officer. The officer suffered a goose egg on her forehead.
According to the report, a loaded handgun was found in the glovebox. Officers also recovered marijuana, cocaine and heroin.
Jacob was arrested on suspicion of battery to law enforcement officer, carrying a concealed weapon, possession with intent to deliver THC, possession of heroin, possession of cocaine and resisting arrest.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- More than 13,000 without power after two fires downtown
- Dangerously hot conditions prompt Excessive Heat Warning
- A former Aspirus Wausau doctor has pleaded guilty to prescription fraud
- Woman scares off three masked men in her kitchen
- Maxwell Street Days starts this weekend
- John Nolen Dr. reopens to traffic following fatal crash overnight