MADISON, Wis. - A 90-year-old woman had just returned home on Cottage Grove Road from a grocery store Wednesday afternoon when a stranger entered her home.
According to an incident report, the intruder made a grunting noise and took the woman's purse from her chair.
The woman told police that the man "seemed like a very big monster." Police said the woman was worried she was going to be harmed, but the stranger did not touch her and left with her purse.
Police said the officer discovered a man at the grocery store from surveillance images who matched the description of the burglar. Looking at surveillance photos, police said the man got into a car and followed the victim as she drove from the parking lot and turned down a nearby street.
A different officer identified the man as someone who is on supervision for armed robbery. Police said Raymond L. Comer, 51, was contacted at home and arrested on a parole violation.
The release said the case detective has developed probable cause to arrest Comer for burglary.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Portage man arrested in Dane County on suspicion of 6th OWI for drugged driving
Police: Man arrested for involvement in Thursday night shooting; man treated for gun shot wound
- Portage man arrested in Dane County on suspicion of 6th OWI for drugged driving
- ‘I'm blessed': Marlon Anderson happy to have job back, but says fight isn't over
- First-ever virtual reality class taught at Madison College
- Police: Man arrested for involvement in Thursday night shooting; man treated for gun shot wound
- Trial for man accused of stabbing woman more than 30 times started Monday
- Security guard fired from Madison West High reinstated by school district