MADISON, Wis. - There have been five water main breaks in Madison so far Tuesday, according to tweets from the Madison Water Utility.
The utility posted at 11:51 a.m. that workers were responding to a fifth main break in the Lakeview Hills area off of Sherman Avenue. Other water main breaks were reported on West Badger Road, on the far west side and near Rosa Road. Officials ask motorists to drive carefully past crews working in the street.
Officials also canceled the Water Utility Board meeting that was scheduled for Tuesday night.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Dane County Humane Society supports efforts to block Spring Green beagle breeding facility
- Man expected to survive after being shot by deputy during hostage situation in Marquette County
- The overlooked danger in severe weather: lightning strikes
- 2 men rob cigarettes from Kwik Trip using screwdriver, crowbar
- Complaint: Women facing charges one year after girl dies of suffocation, patterned beating
- 4 children, 2 adults dead after house fire in northern Wisconsin