TOWN OF HARMONY, Wis. - A 33-year-old man is dead after a head-on crash in Janesville Saturday night, officials said.
The Rock County Sheriff's Office said the crash happened at about 9:15 p.m. on Highway 14, north of East County Road MM.
Thomas Bluhm, of Janesville, was driving a Ford Mustang and trying to pass another vehicle when he struck another vehicle head-on, officials said.
A passenger in the Mustang, David M. Savona, of Janesville, was pronounced dead at the scene, the Rock County Medical Examiner's Office said Monday afternoon. Preliminary autopsy results confirm that Savona died from injuries suffered in the traffic crash.
Bluhm was arrested on suspicion of homicide by intoxicated use of vehicle, the sheriff's office said.
Deputies shut down Highway 14 for about 5 hours while investigating the crash.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Have you seen this man? Middleton police search for missing man
- Dispatch confirms traffic crash at Whitney Rd. and Raymond Rd.
- Crews responding to fire at apartment near UW campus
- Reedsburg Touched Twice Clinic gets families ready to go back to school
- Hot Dogs for Cool Cats promotes cat adoption from 9 Lives Rescue
- Stoughton coffee festival recognizes city's history of women in workforce