MADISON, Wis. - Madison police responded to an armed robbery Friday night at the T-mobile on Dempsey Road, officials said.
Three masked robbers took over $20,000 worth of phones and equipment from the store. At least one of the robbers was armed, officials said.
Police said 23-year-old Steven V. Gayden, of Aurora, Illinois, 24-year-old Angelo E. McKenzie, of Chicago, 24-year-old Doran D. Skanes, of South Bend, Indiana, and 22-year-old William W. Thomas, and their vehicle were located. The four men were taken into custody on tentative charges of armed robbery.
The men were found with a handgun and other evidence, officials said.
Police are continuing the investigation.
- UW-Madison faculty, staff to get 4 percent pay increase
- Cause of Badger Bus fire that shut down Beltline undetermined, officials say
- Police find shell casings, damaged condo morning after reports of shots fired
- Madison's water usage drops to lowest level in 50 years, officials say
- Police: Teen cited for swinging cat by legs in helicopter-type motion
- Green County man sentenced for role in meth conspiracy