DARIEN, Wis. - Two people were found dead inside a Walworth County home Monday night, authorities said.
The Delavan Police Department said officers responded just after 6 p.m. to a report of a shooting in the 400 block of Buckingham Court in Darien. Walworth County deputies and Darien police also responded.
According to the report, a male with a gunshot wound to his shoulder was found at the home. He was taken to the hospital and is stable.
Based on the information police gathered, multiple area law enforcement resources also responded to the home including the Milwaukee FBI, Lake Geneva police drone, the state Department of Natural Resources and EMS departments.
Delavan police said that after hours of attempting to negotiate, SWAT team members breached the home's door and saw the bodies of a male and a female inside. Officers then searched and secured the home.
The names of the deceased were withheld Monday while officials notify the next of kin, according to the report.
Autopsies are scheduled for Tuesday, police said. There is no further danger to the community.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- New Iwo Jima memorial honors World War II veterans
- 4 crashes at Iowa County intersection Sunday afternoon
- ‘We had a lot of different heroes that night': Cross Plains celebrates surviving last year's flood
- Paulpalooza celebrates life and pays it forward
- 1 dead in Highway 51 car, motorcycle crash in McFarland
- Authorities: Trucker blamed in crash lacked proper license