MADISON, Wis. - Police are investigating two early morning gas station robberies that they say are connected, according to a release.
Police were called around 4:45 a.m. to the BP gas station at 2801 Atwood Avenue for reports of someone attempting a smash-and-grab style break-in, officials said. The burglars were unsuccessful.
Around 5:05 a.m., police were called to a second BP at 4102 Commercial Avenue, where someone broke through a glass front door, according to the release.
Investigators are still trying to determine what items were stolen, but they believe the cases are connected.
Officials ask anyone with information on the incidents to call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- City officials move to declare State Street a historic district
- Man charged in stabbing of Wisconsin man in casino hotel
- Badgers celebrate NCAA Championship title with hundreds of fans
- Developer aims to build 11-story office building on East Washington
- 'Everyone is struggling': Madison restaurants hurt for help
- Wisconsin's Beata Nelson named Big Ten swimmer of the year