MADISON, Wis. - A 17-year-old was arrested this week in connection with a home burglary that happened in late October, officials said.
A Woodridge Court resident and his son took their dog for a 15-minute walk on the afternoon of Oct. 27 and left the garage door open while they were out, according to a release.
Police said while the residents were gone, someone entered the garage and took the victim’s tools.
The victim went to a nearby pawn shop to see if his items were there and found the suspect and an accomplice with his property, according to the release. The victim got his tools back, but the burglars left.
Kelan I. Phillips, 17, of Madison, was arrested on a tentative charge of burglary.
- Baraboo woman comes home to find unknown man impersonating FBI agent, sheriff says
- Call for Action: Mom shares concern after daughter denied school therapy services
- UW Carbone Cancer Center looking for extreme survivors of breast cancer
- Experts warn DNA testing kits could put your genetic information in the wrong hands
- Man rescued from vehicle facing second OWI charge, officials say
- Woman faces homicide charges following brother's death in house fire