MADISON, Wis. - Two La Follette High School girls were arrested after getting in a fight that involved one girl brandishing a folding knife, according to a news release from the Madison Police Department.
Officials said the two students, ages 14 and 15, were in a verbal argument that escalated into a physical fight Thursday around 12:55 p.m. During the fight, the 15-year-old girl pulled out and brandished a folding knife.
The La Follette educational resource officer arrested the 15-year-old for disorderly conduct while armed and the 14-year-old for disorderly conduct.
Neither teen suffered injuries from the fight, officials said.
- New allegations released against retired Fort Atkinson priest
- Parents say special education is in crisis, address MMSD
- 'Ministry of presence': How chaplains are helping wellness of police officers in Wisconsin
- Man who sexually assaulted UW student to be placed in Fitchburg apartment
- Residents see floating bogs on Lake Koshkonong
- Police: Suspect in suspicious death found, arrested within 14 hours