FITCHBURG, Wis. - A 13-year-old boy pointed a gun at a girl after a verbal disturbance in Fitchburg, according to a news release from police.
Officers responded to Post Road and Traceway Drive at about 4:36 p.m. Thursday after receiving a report of a teen with a handgun.
Police arrested the boy at the scene on suspicion of recklessly endangering safety. Officials also arrested a second 13-year-old boy for carrying a concealed weapon.
Both teens were transported to the juvenile reception center.
The Madison Police Department and the Town of Madison Police Department assisted Fitchburg police with the investigation.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Chef Tory Miller reflects on closing of Sujeo, shares what's next
- Local school supports students' mental health with new 'mindfulness room'
- Downed powerline on Fish Hatchery Road blocks traffic for about 2 hours, Madison police say
- Green Bay school staff member accused of sexually assaulting student
- Alcohol License Review Committee sends Visions' liquor license decision to subcommittee
- Gov. Evers signs executive order creating task force on reducing prescription drug prices