HAMPDEN, Wis. - Eight different departments responded to a corn dryer fire overnight in rural Columbia County, according to the Columbia County Sheriff's Department.
The fire started around midnight in Hampden. Crews worked through single-digit temperatures overnight but were able to get the fire contained just after 4 a.m.
No injuries were reported and the extent of damage is still being investigated.
The fire is not considered to be suspicious.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Concern grows over former motel being used to house nearly 10 sex offenders in Rock County
Middleton school district identifies, suspends students involved with social media threats
- Report: Violent crime up, police down in Wisconsin cities
- Crash reported on icy bridge, drivers asked to avoid part of High Point Road, firefighters say
- Officials say slow down: Slick roads, crash reported in Iowa County
- Woman arrested after educator punched in face, kicked while in fetal position, police say
- Officials ID man killed in officer-involved shooting in Beloit
- 2 officers injured by suspect who led a nearly 65-mile chase