MADISON, Wis. - Representatives with the Red Cross are assisting 12 people, including nine children, displaced after a fire Sunday afternoon.
Firefighters responded around 4:15 p.m. to a fire inside the Parker Place Apartments on the 2000 block of Parker Place in the Town of Madison.
Residents who were home at the time of the fire escaped without injuries, officials said. The two units on either side of the fire unit had smoke and heat damage.
Crews were able to contain the fire to an area of the second floor in less than 15 minutes.
Firefighters estimate the fire caused around $40,000 in damage.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Police seeking 2 men release surveillance images from Madison cellphone store robbery
- Accused Madison dealer arrested with 65 grams meth, police say
- Self-styled Rastafarian church in downtown Madison reopens after raid
- Wisconsin DNR asks for information on illegal crayfish dumping at Sauk County boat launch
- Former UW-Madison student gets life in prison for killing scholar from China
- Madison woman ends up victim of puppy sale scam