TOWN OF CHRISTIANA, Wis. - An outside burn that got out of control appears to have sparked a barn fire in rural Dane County Thursday afternoon, according to the Cambridge Fire Chief.
Multiple crews responded to the fire around 3:05 p.m. in the 200 block of Rodney Road in the town of Christiana.
Metal was being moved from an old burn pit to a location near the barn, which is believed to have been the cause of the fire, according to a release.
The barn, the hay stored inside it and a grain picker are considered a total loss, with damages totaling around $75,000.
The Cambridge fire chief said no one was injured and no livestock were involved.
- Dog attack kills 9 calves on Grant County dairy farm
- La Crosse County Health Department warns of potential measles exposure
- Man fleeing from police runs into Madison elementary school, officials say
- Wollersheim Winery wins white wine award
- Man who held up paintball gun at another driver found with loaded pistol in car, too, police say
- Burglar drops stolen copper while fleeing construction site, police say