TOWN OF CHRISTIANA, Wis. - An outside burn that got out of control appears to have sparked a barn fire in rural Dane County Thursday afternoon, according to the Cambridge Fire Chief.
Multiple crews responded to the fire around 3:05 p.m. in the 200 block of Rodney Road in the town of Christiana.
Metal was being moved from an old burn pit to a location near the barn, which is believed to have been the cause of the fire, according to a release.
The barn, the hay stored inside it and a grain picker are considered a total loss, with damages totaling around $75,000.
The Cambridge fire chief said no one was injured and no livestock were involved.
- 77-year-old UW-Madison graduate participates in commencement ceremony 50 years later
- Guests evacuate after fire in room at Great Wolf Lodge, officials say
- Madison bike-sharing program grows as industry changes
- Police: Man kills 2 women, fatally shoots self in Milwaukee
- Injured Wisconsin workers face higher hurdles when seeking compensation
- 2018 Major League Quidditch Championship to be held in Middleton