MADISON, Wis. - A fire at the Madison Mallards stadium is being investigated as "potentially suspicious in nature," according to the Madison Fire Department.
Firefighters were called out to the stadium around 9:50 p.m. Thursday, which is located at 2920 Sherman Avenue. They arrived to find the gift shop at the stadium on fire.
Firefighters were able to put the fire out quickly, but flare-ups continued early Friday morning as things inside the building continued to burn.
The building suffered significant damage, including a roof collapse. No one was injured.
The Madison Fire Department is still at the scene as the investigation is ongoing.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Adams County man sentenced to 90 months in federal prison for possessing firearms as felon
- Artist to dismantle spire saved from St. Raphael Cathedral fire in attempt to preserve its history
- Snow this evening ending around midnight
- Three new police officers, no ambulance: Police, fire departments react to city budget decisions
- Plover man sentenced to seven years in federal prison for meth distribution
- Man sentenced to 84 months for possessing heroin with intent to distribute