All northbound lanes of Park Street were closed Friday morning because of a crash involving a car and a pedestrian, according to Dane County dispatchers.
First responders were called to the area of Park Street and Hughes Place around 5:40 a.m.
Northbound Park Street between Badger Road and Hughes Place was closed until around 7:30 a.m., according to an alert from the Department of Transportation.
Officials said a 38-year-old woman was taken to UW Hospital with life-threatening injuries.
The woman was crossing Park Street near Hughes Place when the crash happened, officers told News 3. The pedestrian was wearing all dark clothing and was not in a crosswalk at the time.
The driver stayed on scene and is cooperating with police, officials said. The driver will not be cited, according to a release from Madison police.
- Report: Madison police chief's nephew sentenced to 18 months probation after scuffle with police
- Calming the storm inside: How a child recovered emotionally after a tornado destroyed his home
- Wisconsin National Guard troops heading to Arizona to bolster border security
- Retired Beloit Police Department K-9 Nick dies
- Police apply tourniquet to man's arm after he put it through a window
- 'Supreme Court decided not to decide' in redistricting case, says UW political science professor