COTTAGE GROVE, Wis. - The Cottage Grove Fire Department is warning resident against a scam related to Sun Prairie relief efforts.
In a Facebook post, the department said victims have experienced a phone scam that asks for donations to help that community recover from the explosion that happened early in July.
Fire officials said the caller ID will identify that caller as the "Volunteer Fire Department" from Cottage Grove. That caller will then ask for donations.
Cottage Grove officials said this is a scam.
They advise anyone wanting to donate to the Sun Prairie community to do so through the Bank of Sun Prairie Relief Fund.
- 'So blessed to be here': Middleton woman makes remarkable recovery after ATV crash
- Edgewood High School and surrounding neighbors at odds over stadium lights
- Brewers up 2-1 in NLCS after winning Game 3 at Dodger Stadium
- UW police respond to 'bogus' tip at Veterinary Medicine building
- Prairie Du Sac farmer dies after clothing gets stuck in auger, officials say
- Walker announces plans to fund schools, town roads; Evers proposes income tax cut