MADISON, Wis. - A construction site was damaged Saturday morning by a nearby dumpster fire, fire officials said.
Fire crews responded around 11:30 a.m. to the 200 block of West Gilman Street for reports of a dumpster fully engulfed in flames in the parking lot just east of HotCat, according to a release.
Firefighters found the first dumpster and a second dumpster that had also caught fire, officials said.
Crews put out the fires, and searched through the debris to determine a cause, but could not determine what started the fire, according to the release.
Some construction materials melted due to their proximity to the fire, officials said.
Police: Woman shot in DeForest, man in custody Friday night
Dog's bark alerts owners to suspicious men outside home
- Police: Woman shot in DeForest, man in custody Friday night
- Dog's bark alerts owners to suspicious men outside home
- Student arrested, accused of making threats against Columbus High School
- UW-Madison Athletic Board to raise student ticket prices
- Local Dreamer concerned as DACA deadline approaches
- Dodgeville police issue arrest warrant for Kwik Trip armed robbery suspect