VILLAGE OF CROSS PLAINS, Wis. - A roads construction crew cut a fiber that is causing outages in the village of Cross Plains, town of Middleton and town of Verona.
The construction crew -- which is not affiliated with Charter -- cut the cable around 12:30 p.m. while doing roadwork on County Highway M, according to Charter senior manager of communication Kim Noetzel.
Charter crews responded to the outages immediately and services will be restored to customers gradually as the fibers are repaired.
Some customers' service started to come back online as early as 4:30 p.m., Noetzel said.
- Police: No foul play suspected in death of Sun Prairie principal
- 2 men fatally shot in Milwaukee
- Former Wisconsin attorney general dies at age 82
- Green Bay authorities ID body of man missing since December
- Wisconsin Supreme Court race gaining national attention
- Too much to drink St. Patrick's Day weekend? AAA will offers ride services in Wisconsin