MONROE, Wis. - Monroe police officers arrested a man at 5:15 a.m. Friday for a traffic stop in which they discovered he also possessed cocaine.
Matthew D. Gibertson, 34, of Monticello, was cited for operating a motor vehicle while suspended, non-registration of a motor vehicle, display of an unauthorized registration plate and operating with no insurance, according to the Monroe Police Department.
During the traffic stop, a K-9 detection dog alerted officers that drugs were in the car. Gibertson was then charged with possession of cocaine. He is in Green County Jail awaiting a court appearance.
- Road crews caution drivers near Dells
- Sprecher's Restaurant & Pub to drain taps, close Friday
- Armed robber leaves with money from Middleton Associated Bank, police say
- Downtown restaurant assists with vehicle fire, officials say
- Suspicious person reported at Marshall High School Monday, officials say
- DOC: Milwaukee prisoner escapes from a work site