News

Clothes catch fire at west side laundromat

MADISON, Wis. - A dryer load of clothes caught fire at a west side laundromat Tuesday afternoon. 

Madison firefighters were dispatched to the laundromat on the 2800 block of Todd Drive at about 1 p.m. following reports of a fire outside the building. The small fire was made up of bath towels and clothing, according to the Madison Fire Department. 

The fire was not a risk to the structure. 

Witnesses told fire officials they opened the door of a dryer when they saw smoke coming from it while another person found a fire extinguisher.

The two said they thought they had the fire out when they took the clothes outside, but by the time firefighters arrived it had reignited. 

Nobody was injured during the incident, according to officials. 


Local And Regional News

Photo Galleries

This Week's Circulars

E-News Registration