CLINTON, Wis. - Clinton police have arrested a suspect in a fire that damaged property at a local church, according to a Facebook post from the police chief.
According to Chief Dave Hooker, suspect Alex J. Thomas, 20, voluntarily turned himself in to the Clinton Police Department. Hooker said in his post that police are still looking for a second suspect in the arson, a 17-year-old female.
The fire, on the property of First Presbyterian Church in Clinton, occurred on Aug. 13, involving a vacant house and a nearby playground. Damage to the property is estimated to be roughly $200,000, and a 46-year-old woman is already in custody on suspicion of accessory to the crime.
- Floodwaters cover Main Street in Darlington
- UW announces news anchor David Muir will be the spring commencement speaker
- Construction crew cuts Charter fiber, causes outages
- Cook pleads guilty to 5 of 23 charges in serial sex assaults case
- Officials ID man with potentially explosive chemicals in apartment
- Investigators release 2nd surveillance video in car fires investigation